PySol 2.01 - a nice solitaire card game
Dec 27, 1998, 00:39 (0 Talkback[s])
WEBINAR: On-demand Event
Replace Oracle with the NoSQL Engagement Database: Why and how leading companies are making the switch REGISTER >
As posted to C.O.L.A.
PySol - a Python Solitaire Game
Copyright (C) 1998 Markus F.X.J. Oberhumer
What is PySol ?
Obviously, PySol is a solitaire card game written in 100% pure Python :-)
Why yet another solitaire game ?
Hmm. What do you think about this:
- based upon an extensible solitaire engine
- currently supports 19 different games - expect more to come
- very nice look and feel
- unlimited undo & redo
- load & save games
- player statistics
- hint system
- demo games
- support for user written plug-ins
- integrated HTML help browser
- PySol is portable across X11, Windows 95/98/NT and MacOS
- distributed under the GNU GPL
- full source code available
- written in Python ;-)
Yeah, I know. But what's new ?
- 3 new games: Eight Off, Golf and Grandfather's Clock
- implemented a statusbar
- new assist function: highlight all moveable piles
- additional PySol cardsets are available
Cool. Where can I get it ?
Point your browser to http://wildsau.idv.uni-linz.ac.at/mfx/pysol.html
Screenshots are available as well.
What do I need to start playing ?
PySol requires Python 1.5.1 and Tcl/Tk 8.0.3. Both packages are
freely available for Unix, Windows and Macintosh.
See the PySol homepage for installation instructions.