Zope Weekly News for September 28, 1999Sep 29, 1999, 16:29 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Amos Latteier)
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 20:24:31 -0400
This week saw Zope firing on all cylinders. Performance enhancements trickled into CVS, while Zopistas far and wide released cool new Zope stuff.
* After some Apache problems last week, Zope.org seems to be running well. Zope.org now sports 50 user contributed How-Tos and 20 user contributed Zope products. Go team!
* beehive released 'beehive Calendar' another cool Zope product.
* The prolific Evan Simpson released SiteAccess 0.0.1 and PythonMethod 0.1.2. The PythonMethod product allows editing Python methods through the web, and the SiteAccess product allows virtual hosting support.
* There was quite a bit of discussion on zope-dev about WYSIWYG tools and Zope. Dylan Jay kicked off the conversation and many others chimed in with opinions about how Zope should or could support WYSIWYG editing.
* Another hot topic on zope-dev was source control and how to get access to object versions from outside ZODB.
* Jim Fulton proposed a SiteObject Zope product to allow virtual hosting from one Zope process. Lots of folks expressed opinions. There seem to be several Zope products in development along these lines already, including Adam Feuer's VirtualHostFolder and Evan Simpson's SiteAccess product.
* Hugh Emberson's sqltest patch hit CVS. Here's yet another great community contribution!
* Paul Everitt announced that a Sybase level 3 database adapter is now under development.
* Chris Baron pointed out that Zope was mentioned in Infoworld as example of a Linux application server in Maggie Biggs's "Enterprise Toolbox" column.
* The ZClasses Tutorial has been updated for Zope 2.0. This tutorial is the first chapter in the forthcoming Zope Developer's Guide.
* Pavlos Christoforou announced ZSupervisor V0.1a a utility to control ZServer.
Keep on Zopin'.
0 Talkback[s] (click to add your comment)