3dfx.com: New Voodoo3/Banshee DRI Drivers
Dec 19, 1999, 18:37 (2 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Andrew Fear)
[ Andrew Fear of 3dfx.com
"There are new DRI based drivers for Voodoo3/Banshee availiable.
The files tdfx_dri-3.9.16-5.i386.rpm and tdfx_drm-0.8-3.i386.rpm
are now available
These new drivers fix the following bugs:
- This release works with SuSE Linux. The current packages have
been tested on a fresh install of SuSE Linux 6.2. SuSE Linux users
please note the special installation instruction on the driver
webpage. Installation of the current binary packages is not
completely perfect on SuSE yet.
- Lightmaps and fog effects are now properly rendered for Quake3
Arena. Other applications using multitexture will most likely
benefit as well.
- A desktop resolution of 1600x1200 is now possible.
- VT switching now works correctly.
- Linking applications against the provided libGL.so no longer
produces unresolved symbol errors.
- The kernel module should build on version 2.3.x Linux
Note these drivers will still not work with Unreal Tournament,
Myth2, Quake1, Quake2 or other Glide and Mesa2x based
If you are unclear on what DRI drivers are or are wondering which
drivers are most stable or have more features please read the