Linus Torvalds: Linux-2.4.0-test7-pre4
Aug 15, 2000, 21:01 (1 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Linus Torvalds)
From: Linus Torvalds
To: Kernel Mailing List
- fix PCI resource bug that crept in in test6 due to the new
requirements to handle multiple bus regions transparently
- ll_rw_block documentation
- sound driver module counting bugfix and cleanup (move to named
- directory rename bug fix for busy directories (oops)
- allow "init_new_context()" to fail - it can do so on some
architectures when out of memory.
- networking updates - TCP retransmission and ordering logic
- fix strsep(). Not that anybody cared.
- fix modversions.h generation ("make -j dep" works now)
- finish 64-bit VFS: getdents64 and fcntl64 (getdents64 also adds
the "file type" to the readdir data - VFS layer change. fcntl64
allows 64-bit file locking)
- Intel i810 watchdog driver and NS DP83810 network driver
- dup2() cannot screw up the file table with threads any more.
- nfs_commit_rpcsetup() signed comparison bugfix and cleanup
- sparc updates and TLB invalidation fix
- networking updates (less verbose on the new reordering messages)
- network driver Makefile cleanup
- Fix segment copy on fork.
- tsk->files race fixes: close-on-exec etc.
- sound #define cleanups
- fs/proc/array.c task_lock cleanup
- "USE_STANDARD_AS_RULE" - generic Rules.make as rule
- arm update (arch/arm, asm-arm, drivers/acorn, Documentation/arm etc)
- eicon ISDN driver update (big).
- serial.c warnings removal.
- compilation fixes under different configurations..
- bounds checking for hpfs code page index.
- sparc64 bugfix for atomic_dec_and_lock. Oops. And use flock64.
- FAT missed the d_type thing from readdir.
- fix tsk->files race fixes from -pre3 ("struct files_struct", not
"struct file" and make sure to register the socket fs before we
use a pointer to it)
- ns558.c: don't leave the driver registered after a failed module
load. Either return success, or unregister the PCI driver. And
don't leak IO port allocations.
- USB OHCI controller fixes for oopses due to races..
- usb updates
- 3c59x driver update
- VIA KX-133/KT-133 chipset detection and AGP bridge support
- raid/raw-io cleanup: use generic_make_request instead of ll_rw_block.
- Emu10k1 sound driver update