CNET Enterprise: Is that a penguin roosting in Redmond?
Mar 06, 2001, 16:42 (22 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Rich Castagna)
WEBINAR: On-demand webcast
How to Boost Database Development Productivity on Linux, Docker, and Kubernetes with Microsoft SQL Server 2017 REGISTER >
"Sometimes a great notion (apologies to Ken Kesey) takes some
time to sink in. But once it finally makes contact with a bit of
functioning gray matter, it quickly takes shape, then sounds better
and better each time the thought rolls around. Pretty soon, you
have an irresistible urge to tell everybody about your idea."
"Here comes mine."
"Microsoft should buy Corel Linux. (Please note that I
said should--not will. If I'm going to get my 15 minutes of fame
for starting a rumor, I sure don't want to waste them on a software
company and an OS.)"
- Montreal Gazette: OSC probes Microsoft's investment in Corel(Mar 02, 2001)
- Corel: Linux Spinoff Still in the Works ; French, German, Int'l English Editions of Corel LinuxOS Available(Feb 27, 2001)
- SECOND UPDATE: Microsoft Parts Ways with Corel?(Feb 23, 2001)
- LinuxToday.com.au: Dastardly Deeds or Business as Usual? MS Influence on Corel(Feb 20, 2001)
- Ottawa Citizen: Microsoft not behind Linux sale, Corel says
(Feb 15, 2001)
- Reuters: Justice Dept. probing Microsoft deal with Corel(Feb 14, 2001)
- CNET News.com: Microsoft investigated for Corel investment(Feb 14, 2001)
- The Register: Corel Linux sale 'best thing' for OS, claims exec(Feb 06, 2001)
- VNU Net: Corel denies MS effect on Linux shift(Jan 26, 2001)
- Corel Abandoning the Operating System Market, Focusing on Core Money-makers(Jan 23, 2001)
- FreeOS.com: Microsoft Office for Linux?(Oct 28, 2000)
- Linux Format: Corel: In bed with the enemy?(Oct 19, 2000)
- Ottawa Citizen: Corel deal gives Microsoft inside track on Linux(Oct 13, 2000)
- National Post: Microsoft using Corel to ease into Linux, documents hint(Oct 12, 2000)
- LinuxPlanet: .comment: Microsoft and Corel -- Not Good News(Oct 03, 2000)
- Little Substantive Linux Information in Corel/Microsoft Deal: Details to Come(Oct 03, 2000)