Linux Today: Linux News On Internet Time.
Search Linux Today
Linux News Sections:  Developer -  High Performance -  Infrastructure -  IT Management -  Security -  Storage -
Linux Today Navigation
LT Home
Contribute
Contribute
Link to Us
Linux Jobs


Top White Papers

More on LinuxToday


GNOME Foundation: Minutes of the GNOME Board meeting 10 July 2001

Jul 16, 2001, 22:02 (4 Talkback[s])
From: Daniel Veillard <veillard@redhat.com>
Subject: Minutes of the GNOME Board meeting 10 July 2001
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 12:34:50 -0400


[ The minutes are a bit late, I was hoping the information concerning
  the executive director would get public just after the meeting, but
  it seems to take a little longer than I expected initially. Anyway,
  the identity of the person hired will be made public real soon, Daniel ]

          Minutes of the GNOME Board meeting 10 July 2001
          ===============================================


Presents:
=========

    Havoc Pennington (chairing)
    Daniel Veillard  (minutes)
    Federico 
    John Heard
    Dan Mueth        
    Raph Levien
    Owen Taylor

Regrets:
========

    Miguel de Icaza (regrets)
    Bart Decrem (regrets)
    Maciej Stachowiak 
    Jim Gettys


Decisions:
==========

   - Mostly discussions, it was light agenda, still wondering about
     the gnome.org mail aliases policies.
   - finishing the work on hiring an executive director for GNOME Foundation

Action Done:
============

  ACTION: Dan to mail Christian about asking the managers of the
          various projects for updates and links to important threads
          in the mail archives.
     => done, Christian was receptive, looks started.

Actions:
========

  ACTION: Havoc to invite Sander and Martin
     => postponed

  ACTION: Dan to work with Membership Committee to re-open the membership list.
    => still pending

  ACTION: Havoc send the AB list to the board looking for completion
          of the member liasons.
    => still pending, waiting for update from the manager.

  ACTION: John try to get a Copyright assigment form and procedure for the
          GNOME Foundation
    => still pending waiting on the FSF, RMS is working on that.

  ACTION: Maciej to email the Board the current draft of the platform
          license policy for review.
    => still pending

New Actions:
============

  ACTION: Federico to post the new version of the policy for gnome.org email 

Discussion:
===========

 - approve/review last week's minutes and actions

   => approved

 - We didn't invite Sander and Martin because Martin is
   gone this week

 - Hiring executive director for GNOME Foundation
   We have reached an agreement on job description, salary, and
   benefits.
   Initial contract will be for only 3 months to give time for finishing
   the incorporation work.

 - GNOME 1.4.1
   Seems Kjartaan is doing the intermediate release, sounds good.

 - press release on accessibility,
   Confirm what we decided here, it wasn't communicated to Sun well
   The intent of the PR is to raise awareness and get more contributors
   accessibility patches and apps using them.
   The board wait for the draft and will review it.
   Having the framework, guidelines, documentation and a few good examples
   may be sufficiant to get lots of improvement.

 - There have been various requests for reusing the Gnome logo for
   tee-shirt or other. Discussed how to handle this.

 - email alias policy for gnome.org email and login accounts.
   Proposal:
    - modules maintainers need shell account
    - for mail we don't have a clear idea yet what whould be the policy:
      1/ nobody
      2/ case by case 
      3/ foundation members

Daniel

-- 
Daniel Veillard      | Red Hat Network http://redhat.com/products/network/
veillard@redhat.com  | libxml Gnome XML XSLT toolkit  http://xmlsoft.org/
http://veillard.com/ | Rpmfind RPM search engine http://rpmfind.net/
Sep 17-18 2001 Brussels Red Hat TechWorld http://www.redhat-techworld.com