Linux Today: Linux News On Internet Time.
Search Linux Today
Linux News Sections:  Developer -  High Performance -  Infrastructure -  IT Management -  Security -  Storage -
Linux Today Navigation
LT Home
Contribute
Contribute
Link to Us
Linux Jobs


More on LinuxToday


Minutes of the GNOME Board meeting 21 August 2001

Aug 24, 2001, 06:59 (6 Talkback[s])
From: Daniel Veillard <veillard@redhat.com>
Subject: Minutes of the GNOME Board meeting 21 August 2001

          Minutes of the GNOME Board meeting 21 August 2001
          =================================================


Presents:
=========

    Havoc Pennington (chairing)
    Daniel Veillard  (minutes)
    Miguel de Icaza
    Owen Taylor
    Federico 
    Tim Ney          (director)
    Maciej Stachowiak 


Regrets:
========

    Jim Gettys (regrets)
    Bart Decrem (regrets)

Missing:
========
    John Heard
    Dan Mueth        
    Raph Levien


Decisions:
==========

   - we need a second release coordinator for Gnome-2.0, Havoc will ask for
     volunteers
   - the announcement of Tim Ney joining as foundation director should
     be available already
   - opening a bank account for the Foundation, giving signature authorization
     and other administrativia
   - gnome.org Account Policies is published, feedback should go on the
     foundation lists we will make a check point in a few weeks.

Action Done:
============

  ACTION: Havoc to send Leslie ATK press release draft
   => DONE

  ACTION: Federico to put email/shell/cvs policy into gnome-docu
    and mail to foundation-list.
   => Done

  ACTION: Havoc to contact Keith Packard to find out more information
    about interop hothouse at ALS/X Technical Conference.
   => Done, the event is completely unplanned :-\


Actions:
========

  ACTION: Havoc to sent the Advisory Board list to the Board,
          looking for completion of the member liason.
   => Waiting for update from the director.

  ACTION: John to try to get a copyright assignment form and procedure
          for the GNOME Foundation.
   => Still pending.

  ACTION: Maciej to email the Board the current draft of the platform
          license policy for review.
   => Still pending.

  ACTION: Havoc to email Sander to see if he has a suggestion for
          a replacement release coordinator.
   => Put on the agenda

  ACTION: Havoc to send mail introducing Kjartan to Leslie
    and the mystery guest so that we can get feature list
   for 1.4.1 press release.
   => Pending 

  ACTION: Owen to check details of email/shell-account/cvs policy.
   => Pending

New Actions:
============

  ACTION: Mjs to build the "release coordinator duties"

  ACTION: Havoc to send mail seeking a release coordinator

  ACTION: Tim to send a mail to Rob Gingell to get the lawyers paid

Discussion:
===========

 - approved minutes from last meeting

 - release coordinator
   Get a list of "release coordinator duties"
   We need someone with a thick skin ...

 - email/CVS/etc. policy
   Federico sent this to the foundation list
   http://primates.ximian.com/~federico/docs/gnome-org-policies/index.html

 - status update from Tim, including the following topics at least:
   - bank resolution (to open account) - appended also
     Seems Silicon Valley Bank is nice since represented both in 
     the Silicon Valley and Boston
     Signers will be: Dan, Miguel and Tim
     => Approved, using money from the account needs Board approval

     Account opening will come from Ximian
     We still need a Tax ID number
     Two first planned expenses are Tim's salary and LWE.
     => Tim goes to organize the booth and the Board will pay the travel

   - revising advisory board list, talking to people on board
     Tim will organize with Havoc to get contacts
     
   - can we figure out what is up with the lawyer;
     Asked the Law firm to send the invoice. It was not paid so far
     and we can't make process untill this is fixed.

   - getting accessibility press release sent out at the
     appropriate time
     => we have a final copy appoved, but we need to have it
        sent and published on the Web site at the right time
        Tim will organize this

 - interoperability and ALS; getting something going here
   Havoc will try to get ideas and topic to hack on there.
   It's in the beginning of November Aukland (CA)
   http://linuxshowcase.org/
   People planning to go there should probably start looking for
   travel arrangements.


Daniel

-- 
Daniel Veillard      | Red Hat Network http://redhat.com/products/network/
veillard@redhat.com  | libxml Gnome XML XSLT toolkit  http://xmlsoft.org/
http://veillard.com/ | Rpmfind RPM search engine http://rpmfind.net/