OSNews.com: Adam Fedor of the GNUstep Project Talks to OSNews
Sep 12, 2001, 18:28 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Eugenia Loli-Queru)
[ Thanks to JigSaw for this link.
"GNUstep provides an Object-Oriented application
development framework and tool set for use on a wide variety of
computer platforms. GNUstep is based on the original OpenStep
specification provided by NeXT, Inc. (now owned by Apple and
endorced into MacOSX). We are hosting today an interview with Adam
Fedor, of the GNUstep project.
1. What is GnuStep and its purpose?
Adam Fedor: GNUstep is a cross-platform
developement environment for writting applications and tools
modeled after the OpenStep specification released by NeXT Inc in
1994. GNUstep has since commited itself to following the API of the
MacOS X (Cocoa) frameworks.
- LWN: GNUstep, should I join ?(Jun 07, 2001)
- LinuxProgramming: GNUstep LaunchPad Version 1.0.1 Released(May 31, 2001)
- Issue #26 of Brave GNU World released.(Apr 25, 2001)
- LinuxFocus: GNUstep, the open source OpenStep(Apr 01, 2001)
- LinuxToday.com.au: Window Maker - the Third Horse?(Jun 24, 2000)
- Why GNUstep isn't just another Desktop Environment(Feb 14, 1999)
- Window Maker is an official GNU project(Jan 27, 1999)
- GNUStep and GNOME working together: Wow! That would be COOL!(Dec 05, 1998)