Release Digest: GNOME, December 19, 2002
Dec 20, 2002, 05:00 (0 Talkback[s])
WEBINAR: On-demand Event
Replace Oracle with the NoSQL Engagement Database: Why and how leading companies are making the switch REGISTER >
Dear lovers of silly animations,
Version 0.22.0 "Carousing Penguin" of the Gdk-pixbuf library has been
released. This is a bugfix release.
* What is Gdk-pixbuf?
It is a library for the GNOME 1.4 platform that allows you to read
images in several formats and to scale and render them nicely.
* Changes in this release:
- Made the GIF loader handle animations with frames whose bounds go
outside of the base image's bounds (Federico).
- Made the GIF loader handle zero-sized frames that GifBuilder and
similar crap spits sometimes (Federico).
- The PNM loader doesn't abort() anymore if it cannot allocate memory
GSwitchIt 2.0.1 "Happy Xmas" for GNOME 2
Xkb state indicator for GNOME panel
- The gettext should work for 8-bit locales too (2.0.0 worked correctly
unicode locales only).
- libxklavier is now used by my means of pkgconfig tool.
- The applet is now shared library - which significantly reduces the
footprint (and discovered a lot of problems in the applet termination code
hopefully I fixed them all).
- The Vietnameze translation added and the Bulgarian one updated
- Spec file polished a bit.
- Some fixes in the help system
- Undocumented feature introduced.:)
gtkglextmm is a C++ wrapper for GtkGLExt, OpenGL extension to GTK.
It enables C++ programmers to write OpenGL applications with gtkmm.
The official web site is:
The official download & development project site is:
- Bad constness of method arguments and return values in 0.6.0
release have been fixed.
Glade-- is a backend for glade and glade-2 to create C++ sources (gtk-- and
gtkmm2, any combination).
Glade is an graphical user interface builder for gtk/gnome.
NOTE: glade-- 1.1.0+ is usable for both Gnome and Gnome2!
- add a warning about g++-2.95 and gtkmm2
(generated program will crash if compiled with 2.95!)
- many gtkmm2/glade2 fixes (Mark Jones + Björn Axelsson)
- image embedding fixes (Björn Axelsson & me)
- made accerator existance the default for gtkmm2, use --noaccelerators
if you want to preserve compatibility with old code
- first try to fix drag'n'drop callback arguments for gtkmm2
- seems that menu accelerator have switched arguments style - fixed?
- --gnome2 now even works with glade-1 projects ;-(
Anjuta is a versatile Integrated Development Environment
(IDE), primarily intended for C/C++. It has been written for
GTK+/GNOME, and features a number of advanced programming
facilities, such as project management, application wizards,
New: Tools support and tools editor.
New: Incremental search (like emacs I-Search)
New: Errors and warnings indications in editor.
New: Auto-complete takes graphics now.
New: Auto-complete automatic.
New: Per project editor properties
New: Sub windows now float above main window.
New: Project version and excluded modules configuration.
Updated: Upgraded scintilla to 1.49+
Updated: Upgraded editor properties and added new properties.
Updated: Organized plugins
Bug fix: Printing now takes editor default fonts
Bug fix: RPM package fix
Bug fix: ChangeLog insert uses spaces (instead of tabs)
Bug fix: Fixed compiler warnings.
Bug fix: Fixed debug terminal bug
Bug fix: Disabled gladen to remove the libssl dep.
Bug fix: brace indentation works properly.
Bug fix: Wrap-around search