Release Digest: GNOME, April 11, 2003
Apr 11, 2003, 23:30 (0 Talkback[s])
PangoPDF -- Pango with PDF/PS backends 18.104.22.168
PangoPDF implements PDF and PostScript backends for Pango. It also
implements several of the inline properties defined by XSL.
PangoPDF is used by the Sun xmlroff XSL Formatter
- Added GNOME Print (pangogp) backend.
- Updated FT2, X, and xft backends to match Pango 1.2.1.
GNOME Software Map entry
GHex 2.0.1 "Relics" is here.
this is a maintenance release for those still stuck with Gnome 2.0 and
- keybindings for dialogs
- fixed a leaked ref to HexDocument object
- some minor UI & a11y bugs fixed
patches were kindly contributed by Shivram Upadhyayula, Pasupathi Duraisamy
GHex 2.2.1 "Obscured by Clouds"
a maintenance release of GHex for the Gnome 2.2 desktop environment.
- omf files fixed (Artur Flinta)
- new print font dialog (Shivram U)
- make some strings translatable (Hidetoshi Tajima)
- misc UI fixes and a11y fixes
- don't leak a ref to HexDocument object (Shivram U)
- only attempt to open existing files (Pasupathi Duraisamy)
- fixed keyboard selection (Rajkumar Sivasamy)
GHex 2.3.0 "Die Affe", named after a great sentence out of a great work by
a great man (who was subsequently cursed with syphilis) that summarizes the
current state of humanity as good as possible:
Ihr habt den Weg vom Wurme zum Menschen gemacht, und Vieles ist in euch
noch Wurm. Einst wart ihr Affen, und auch jetzt ist der Mensch mehr Affe,
als irgend ein Affe.
Well, apart from all the various bugfixes that are included in the 2.2.1
release that should have been just announced, I've split the gtkhex widget
into a separate library to help viv at veeev dot com, who would like to use
the widget in his own app.
Apart from that, we also have many updated translations. Boy, listing these
always tires me...
vietnamese (Pablo), amharic (Daniel), japanese (Takeshi), taiwanese (Abel),
turkish (Fatih), danish (Keld), czech (Miloslav), swedish (Christian),
portuguese (Duarte), hungarian (Andras), ukrainian (Yuriy), dutch (Tino),
spanish (Pablo), brasilian portuguese (Alexandre), polish (GNOME PL Team),
french (Christophe), walloon (Pablo) [btw, what language is this?],
belarusian (Dmitry), azerbaijani (Metin) and norwegian (Kjartan).
All this wonderful new stuff is available at:
A Gnome2 based GRUB configuration editor. It provides an easy to use
interface allowing effortless modification of OS's and the flexibility to
configure the most obscure options.
* major GUI redesign
* expanded command line options to include options to create a blank file
or save filename setting using GConf
* displays mount status in device selections that are associated with
* provides the option to mount unmounted filesystems when selecting a file
from that device (will also unmount on exit)
* added kernel boot parameter configuration dialog
GNOME Software Map entry