Release Digest: GNOME, May 28, 2003
May 29, 2003, 05:00 (0 Talkback[s])
Totem "Keep on dancing" 0.99.0 is out.
Totem is movie player for the Gnome desktop based on xine. It
features a playlist, a full-screen mode, seek and volume controls,
as well as a pretty complete keyboard navigation.
It comes with added functionality such as: - Video thumbnailer
- Webcam utility
- Nautilus properties tab
And for the backend:
- xine-lib 1.0 beta 12 or better
- gstreamer 0.6.x from CVS or 0.7.x
It is advised that distributors ship the xine backend by
If Totem locks up on startup, before showing the main window,
and for possible work-arounds:
The upstream bug is:
- Added support for error messages coming from the xine engine
- Fixed playbacks of DVDs and other media in the movie menu
- Speed up playlist loading
- Worked around a bug in egg-recent that would add a '/' to local
- Read links in .desktop files to be able to use the drag'n'drop
of the video as a bookmark system
- devfs support, FreeBSD support and misc. parsing fixes for the
CD selection widget
- moved fullscreen code out of the video widget and into totem
(enables fullscreen to work on the gstreamer backend)
- Automatic GNOME-based Proxy configuration
- Make the visual quality option menu actually work
- Add the /apps/totem/debug entry to enable debug in the playback
- Fixes concerning the colliding error and buffering dialogs
- Added a --disable-lirc argument to configure
- Fix handling of Recent Files and URIs
A big thanks to the translators as well, Totem is now available
in 29 languages.
Bastien Nocera <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sirius is a program for playing the game of othello.
- Increased the openingbook a bit.
- Fixed some time issues.
- Some small gui adjustments.
- Made sure that a move from the openingbook always is
gcalctool - v4.2.86
gcalctool is the desktop calculator. It has Basic, Financial and
Scientific modes. Internally it uses multiple precision arithmetic
to produce results to a high degree of accuracy.
These are the changes since the last release (v4.2.83):
- Fixed bug 113703. You can now specify an alternate location for
the gcalctool schemas file with: --with-gconf-source=whatever
- Fixed bug 113754. Decimal point didn't work with a German
keyboard if Numlock was turned on.
- Install "gnome-calculator" symlink as reqested by Glynn
- Numerous translations.
though some of the ftp mirrors may take a little while to
My thanks to the translators who have worked on gcalctool:
Evandro Fernandes Giovanini
Gustavo Noronha Silva
Pablo Gonzalo del Campo
Vincent van Adrighem