Release Digest: GNOME, February 18, 2004
Feb 19, 2004, 05:00 (0 Talkback[s])
Image viewer and browser.
- Fix bug #133131 (exif orientation tag not updated).
- Fix bug #132614 (Comment font option menu in print dialog is
not disabled by default).
- Fix bug #109016 (Searches should match directories too).
- Fix bug #112254 (status line shoudl use date from comment
- Fix bug #130473 ("add comment" dialog uses ctime instead of
- Fix bug #130382 (gthumb keyboard usability issue).
- Fix bug #112254 (Needs Randomize Option on Slide Show).
- Fix bug #130823 (gthumb does not maintain permissions on
- Fix bug #130824 (gthumb does not complain about lack of
- Fix bug #130829 (gthumb ignores current directory when
- Fix bug #131852 (Moving images via drag-and-drop no longer
- Fix bug #131853 (Changing folders produces flicker in image
- Fix thumbnail creation for jpeg images.
- Fix drag and drop.
GNOME Terminal 2.5.5
GNOME Terminal 2.5.5
Standard GNOME terminal application.
- Fixed a crash under IceWM, thanks to Owen, who spent quite some
time looking at protocol traces.
- Use the new file chooser, now that libgnomeui allows us to do
- Be better w.r.t. a11y; Muktha Narayan.
- A couple of minor miscellaneous fixes.
- Updated translations: Maetin AEmirov (az), Miloslav Trmac (cs),
Nikos Charonitakis (el), Francisco Javier F. Serrador (es), Pauli
Virtanen (fi), Christophe Merlet (RedFox) (fr), Takeshi AIHANA
(ja), Young-Ho Cha (ko), Daniel van Eeden (nl), Kjartan Maraas
(no), Gnome PL Team (pl), Laurent Dhima (sq), Christian Rose (sv),
Maxim Dziumanenko (uk).
Mariano Suárez-Alvarez <firstname.lastname@example.org>
GCompris is a full featured education game for kids between 3
and 10. The game includes many different activities like teaching
how to use a mouse and keybord, memory games, vector drawing, basic
educational games, reading, algebra exerciser and more.
Added linda verde theme by Jose Jorge. If you like green...
Added chronos activity by Jose. Based on the shape engine, you must
place the items in the correct order.
Updated some asseml voices packages that have changed:
The major change in them is the spanish geography package.
Others are more
fixes and updates.
Fixed doubleentry activity
Changed the image loader so that now when an image is missing, a
dialog box is displayed instead of exiting gcompris.
Conglomerate is an XML editor for GNOME, aiming to be as
user-friendly as possible, to help non-technical people to use
DocBook and similar formats.
- New translations: Croatian (hr) (Robert Sedak), Japanese (ja)
- Updated translations: Albanian (sq) (Laurent Dhima), Serbian
(sr.po, sr@Latn.po) (Danilo egan),
nl (Daniel van Eeden), Czech (cs) (Miloslav Trmac), Greek (el) (
Kostas Papadimas), German (de) (Christian Neumair), Croatian (hr)
- Added preliminary support for the TEI Lite format (Roberto
Rosselli Del Turco)
- Big fix of XML namespace handling. Dispspecs now refer to
elements using a namespace URI (if any) and the local name within
that namespace. Element-matching code now uses namespaces rather
than prefixes in various places, including the XSL-FO and RELAX NG
plugins, which should lead to more robust handling of arbitrary
- When determining which dispspec to use, calculate coverage of
the document elements and pick the best (above a certain threshold
- New dialog for selecting which child element to insert when a
DTD requires such a choice. The new dialog lists both the XML names
and the translated names with icons where available (me)
- Added a workaround for bug #124507 which pops up a dialog
explaining what the problem is and tells you which elements are
causing it. The problem elements will not appear in the editor
widget. The dialog repeats every time the document is editor, but
this is better behaviour than a silent crash :-) (me)
- Reorganised source tree so that the xds files live in their own
"dispspecs" subdirectory, rather than sharing the "examples" folder
with the sample instance documents (Geert Stappers)
- Tidying up of plugin management code to use Service IDs to
identify instances and GType to identify classes (me)
- Big warning fix, should now compile cleanly on "-Wall -Werror"
- Big cleanup of the insides of the popup context menu, replacing
lots of obcure hackery with a more maintainable system. (me)
gURLChecker 0.7.8 (unstable branch)
gURLChecker is a graphic web links checker. It can work on a
whole site, a single local page or a browser bookmarks file.
You must delete manually your old ~/.gurlchecker directory in
order to test this new unstable release. If not, it will crash on
loading your old projects.
- Tree view appearance optimization.
- Now it is possible to refresh both a whole branch or the whole
project (there is still problems, but basic stuff is here).
- Added project create/update date.
- Time management enhancement on link refresh.
- Some more documentation.
- Memory leaks corrections and some code cleaning.
- Far less memory is consumed.
Qalculate! is a modern multi-purpose desktop calculator for
GNU/Linux. It is small and simple to use but with much power
underneath. Features include customizable functions, units,
arbitrary precision, plotting, and a user-friendly interface.
- Complex numbers
- Preliminary Giac support, including derive, integrate, solve
and a generic giac function, as well as the possibility to
factorize the result
- Start with gnuplot absent
- "Copy Result" menu item
- Use of Newton's Binomial Formula to speed up symbolic
- Show argument names in error messages
- Define trigonometric functions as non-builtins when
- Handle pi correcly in trigonometric functions
- Delay inexact calculations: sqrt(2)^2 is no longer
- Permutations and combinations
A GNOME 2 desktop news aggregator, using the RSS syndication
- No more mxDateTime dependency except for converting old dbs;
see README for details
- Authentication challenge in the subscription druid
- Various UI improvements