Asterisk renumbers open source VoIP
Apr 10, 2009, 01:33 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Sean Michael Kerner)
[ Thanks to smk for this link.
"Currently Asterisk is at the 1.6.0 release with the
1.6.1 release in beta.
"Up until Asterisk 1.6, the process was once new branch is out
there are no new features in the branch just bug fixes," Fleming
said. "That meant that if you had a new feature, it in might be a
year or more till it showed up in production build. Now we do add
features in between point releases."
As such the pace of innovation in Asterisk may well now
accelerate since new point release come out every two to three
- Freeswitch + mod_skypiax = Skype for all?(Apr 03, 2009)
- Do Open Source Companies *Really* Support Free Software?(Mar 31, 2009)
- VoIP recording appliance runs Linux(Feb 04, 2009)
- Open and Closed Source VoIP Moves Forward at Digium(Feb 04, 2009)
- Microsoft Pursues Digium Asterisk Partners(Feb 03, 2009)
- Fonality CEO Discusses Digium Rivalry, Asterisk And Open Source(Jan 30, 2009)
- A Primer to AGI: Asterisk Gateway Interface(Jan 29, 2009)
- Asterisk Gateway Interface Scripting with PHP(Jan 28, 2009)
- Asterisk: The Next Big IT Certification?(Jan 22, 2009)
- FreeSWITCH 1.0.2 with New Codecs and Fax for VoIP(Jan 10, 2009)
- Digium: Asterisk Accelerates As Economy Crumbles(Dec 18, 2008)