Fedora is concerned about Mono
Jun 12, 2009, 20:31 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Sean Michael Kerner)
[ Thanks to smk for this link.
"While Mono is part of the new Fedora 11 distribution
(on the LIveCD), at this point it's likely not going to be part of
Fedora 12. Frields told me that the change for Fedora 12 is mostly
around the fact that there is now another project to replace Tomboy
(gNote) that does not require Mono.
"That said, Frields also told me that in his view there are some
problems with the language used in the legalese surrounding Mono
and its redistribution"
- A Guest Essay In Favor of Mono (#1)(Jun 12, 2009)
- How to run .NET programs in Linux(Jun 11, 2009)
- Disinformation Disinfected, pt. 3: Banshee in Ubuntu(Jun 10, 2009)
- Ubuntu Is Driving Me Away(Jun 10, 2009)
- Fedora 11 released with new virtualization, software management tools(Jun 10, 2009)
- Striking the Right Gnote(May 27, 2009)
- Tomboy, Gnote, and the limits of forks(May 15, 2009)
- ECIS Provides A History of Microsoft's AntiCompetitive Behavior(Apr 22, 2009)