The A-Z of Programming Languages: Erlang
Jun 16, 2009, 15:01 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Kathryn Edwards)
WEBINAR: On-demand webcast
How to Boost Database Development Productivity on Linux, Docker, and Kubernetes with Microsoft SQL Server 2017 REGISTER >
[ Thanks to jeeves for this link.
"Was there a particular problem the language aimed to
"Yes, we wanted to write a control program for a small telephone
exchange in the best possible manner. A lot of the properties of
Erlang can be traced back to this problem. Telephone exchanges
should never stop, so we have to be able to upgrade code without
stopping the system.
"The application should never fail disastrously so we need to
developed sophisticated strategies for dealing with software and
hardware errors during run-time."
- Healthcheck: Perl(Jan 14, 2009)
- It's Time to Learn Scheme(Apr 04, 2008)
- An Introduction to Erlang(Sep 17, 2007)
- The A-Z of Programming Languages: Tcl(May 08, 2009)
- The A-Z of Programming Languages: Falcon(Apr 09, 2009)
- The A-Z of Programming Languages: Bourne shell, or sh(Mar 05, 2009)
- The A-Z of Programming Languages: Perl(Dec 12, 2008)
- The A-Z of Programming Languages: Lua(Sep 12, 2008)