FOSS vs. the Winged Monkeys: Q&A With Open Source for America's Chris Lundberg
Aug 22, 2009, 04:04 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Jack M. Germain)
WEBINAR: On-demand Event
Replace Oracle with the NoSQL Engagement Database: Why and how leading companies are making the switch REGISTER >
"Lundberg is looking to the new administration in Washington to
move forward with technological reform. So far, he said, the new
president is making the right moves, but he expects to see more
"The Obama administration has expressed its desire to create an
unprecedented level of openness in government and establish a
system of transparency, public participation and collaboration.
These goals coincide with those of open source, noted Lundberg.
"Open Source for America provides a unified voice to help bring
about change in U.S. federal government policies and practices to
allow it to better utilize open source software for cost
efficiency, security and enhanced performance."
- Thoughts from OSCON 2009: Open government, concurrency(Aug 19, 2009)
- You Deleted Your Cookies? Think Again(Aug 12, 2009)
- Where Are the Tech Jobs?(Aug 11, 2009)
- UK Government ditches Microsoft's Cloud in favour of Open Source?(Aug 11, 2009)
- OSCON 2009: Governments and open source(Aug 09, 2009)
The Value of Linux Job Skills Rises 50%(Aug 07, 2009)
- A Jesuit's Guide to Open Standards(Aug 03, 2009)
- Venezuela to Provide Children with 50,000 Mini Laptops(Jul 30, 2009)