LCA 2010: Getting up close and personal with the Arduino
Dec 24, 2009, 02:03 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Sam Varghese)
WEBINAR: On-demand webcast
How to Boost Database Development Productivity on Linux, Docker, and Kubernetes with Microsoft SQL Server 2017 REGISTER >
[ Thanks to Sam
Varghese for this link. ]
"When Jonathan Oxer turns up at Australia's national Linux
conference, you can be sure that he'll have an interesting idea,
either to talk about or else to demonstrate.
"Last year, the former president of Linux Australia and fellow
geek Jared "Flame" Herbohn presented a paper on geeking up one's
car. In 2010, he has a new idea.
"Oxer, who looks a bit different these days after shedding his
locks for a good cause, will be conducting a mini-conference, a
one-day workshop, on the Arduino .
"He describes it as a cheap, tiny computer system that was
originally designed as a teaching tool and building block for
people who want to add some intelligence to objects such as kinetic
sculptures and other gadgets"
- Using open source to add features to your car(Jan 10, 2009)
- Ohm Sweet Ohm: Linux Versus Vista Smart Homes(Mar 11, 2008)
- Oxer on HardwareHacking and the Meaning of (Second) Life(Feb 14, 2008)
- Open source hardware 2009 - The definitive guide to open source hardware projects in 2009(Dec 14, 2009)
- Weekly Ten: Open source hardware, road rage rats, US Air Force builds Linux PS3 supercomputer(Dec 04, 2009)
- Open-source hardware heralds greater creativity(Aug 13, 2009)
- Arduino hardware hacking: Part 2(Apr 24, 2009)
- Arduino hardware hacking: Part 1(Mar 23, 2009)