MonoDevelop: Visual Studio Lite for the Linux Developer
Dec 31, 2009, 19:18 (10 Talkback[s])
"MonoDevelop is an open source integrated development
environment for Linux platform users. This IDE is a replica of the
original Microsoft .NET editor and also contains Windows support.
The editor was primarily designed for C# and other .NET languages,
but the latest version supports Java, Boo,Python,Vala, C, and C++
also. Its has the following features:
* Advanced Text Editing: Code completion support for C# 3, code
templates, code folding.
* Configurable workbench: Fully customizable window layouts, user
defined key bindings, external tools
* Multiple language support: C#, Visual Basic.Net, C/C++ etc.
* Integrated Debugger: For debugging Mono and native
* GTK# Visual Designer: Easily build GTK# applications.
* ASP.NET: Create web projects with full code completion support
and test on XSP, the Mono web server.
* Other tools: Source control, makefile integration, unit testing,
packaging and deployment, localization.
The MonoDevelop is the core runtime of MonoDevelop. Together with
some basic services, it provides the Add-in engine, which is
fundamental to the platform, since almost everything in MonoDevelop
is an add-in. It not only provides an API for loading add-ins, but
also command-line and graphical tools for managing those