LLNL Talks To Us About Their Linux ZFS Port
Aug 27, 2010, 16:34 (2 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Michael Larabel)
"- KQ Infotech's ZFS port is indeed based off of LLNL's work.
It's based off of the SPL/ZFS 0.4.9 tar-balls that the national
laboratories had published to their GitHub page.
"- Brian Behlendorf intends to pull changes made by KQ Infotech
into their ZFS code-base.
"- Eventually their ZFS port will be updated against onnv_147,
which is the last OpenSolaris build to be made public prior to
Oracle killing OpenSolaris. It though will take some time before
they are compatible with the build 147 release in order to maintain
"the current level of stability and Linux kernel portability."
- Benchmarking ZFS On FreeBSD vs. EXT4 & Btrfs On Linux(Jul 28, 2010)
- OpenSolaris Lives! Nexenta Leverages OpenSolaris and ZFS for Enterprise Storage(May 07, 2010)
- ZFS 24 Support via (pygrub & fsimage.iso) patch for Xen 4.0 Dom0 (pvops 22.214.171.124(Apr 15, 2010)
- 10 Reasons Why ZFS Rocks(Dec 01, 2009)
- 10 Reasons You Need to Look at ZFS(Oct 07, 2009)
- OpenSolaris: how long will it be with us?(Jun 09, 2009)
- How to build a highly available file server using OpenSolaris, iSCSI, ZFS and St(Jun 07, 2009)
- ZFS under Linux the PV way(Jun 05, 2009)