Interview with Debian Developer Rapha�l Hertzog: is Ubuntu beneficial for Debian
Dec 03, 2010, 20:34 (0 Talkback[s])
How You Can Improve Your Machine Learning with Spark REGISTER >
[ Thanks to An Anonymous Reader for
this link. ]
"What's the biggest problem of Debian?
"Our project identity is somewhat minimalistic. It evolves
around the social contract and the Debian Free Software Guidelines.
Both documents answer the question of what we're doing but we lack
a clear answer to the question of how we're supposed to work
towards our goals. It would be great if Debian could agree on some
principles concerning topics like goal setting, collaboration, team
work, politeness, respect. We could then advertise those and build
on them while recruiting volunteers.
"What's the biggest problem of Linux?
"I'm always annoyed when some new hardware doesn't work. It's
painful to have to google around to find out a solution. Sometimes
you need a newer kernel, sometimes you need to build custom modules
for your kernel, sometimes you need a firmware for a driver that
you already have, sometimes you need a newer version of Xorg,
- Goodbye Fedora, welcome back Debian, Part 2: Review of Debian Squeeze(Dec 03, 2010)
- Goodbye Fedora, welcome back Debian, Part 1(Dec 02, 2010)
- Web Cam Setup In Debian(Dec 02, 2010)
- How to setup bonding on Debian Linux(Dec 01, 2010)
- Hadoop Cluster Setup on Debian Lenny(Nov 24, 2010)
- Will Debian 6 be Easier to Install?(Nov 23, 2010)
- Debian 6.0 Homestretch Just Around Corner(Nov 18, 2010)