Linux 4.11 rc2
Mar 12, 2017, 18:00 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Linus Torvalds)
As usual, the week after rc1 tends to be fairly quiet when people are
still looking for bugs and taking a breather after the merge window.
But we've got a healthy number of fixes in, and there's some
cleanup/prep patches for the upcoming 5-level page table support that
I took after the merge window just to make the next merge window
There's also a (small) late random driver update.
But most of it is just fixes, with arch and drivers being the bulk of
it (powerpc and i915 stand out, respectively) but with a noticeable
component elsewhere (mm patches mainly through Andrew, some fs
updatres, radix tree test updates etc).
Shortlog appended with details, go forth and test. I think we're in
fine shape for this stage in the development kernel, it shouldn't be
particularly scary to just say "I'll be a bit adventurous and test an
rc2 kernel". Yes, it's early rc time still, but go on, help us make
sure we're doing ok..
- F2FS Feature Work For The Linux 4.11 Kernel(Mar 01, 2017)
- Linux 4.11 To Enable Frame-Buffer Compression By Default For Skylake+(Jan 11, 2017)
- Linux 4.11 rc1(Mar 05, 2017)
- Linux 4.11 rc2(Mar 12, 2017)
- Linux 4.11 rc3(Mar 19, 2017)
- Linux 4.11 rc4(Mar 26, 2017)
- Linux 4.11 rc5(Apr 03, 2017)
- Linux 4.11 rc6(Apr 09, 2017)
- Linux 4.11 rc7(Apr 16, 2017)
- Linux 4.11 rc8(Apr 24, 2017)