Linux 4.11 rc3
Mar 19, 2017, 22:00 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Linus Torvalds)
Another week, another rc.
As is our usual pattern after the merge window, rc3 is larger than
rc2, but this is hopefully the point where things start to shrink and
calm down. We had a late typo in rc2 that affected arm and powerpc
(the prep code for the 5-level page tables), and hopefully there are
no similar brown-paper-bugs now in rc3.
On the whole rc3 looks pretty normal, with two thirds being driver
updates (late qla2xxx scsi driver updates stand out, but ethernet
drivers for broadcom and cavium aren't that far behind, and there are
updates for gpu, md, cpufreq, x86 platform drivers etc).
Outside of drivers, the rest is a mix of arch updates (parisc,
powerpc, x86), filesystems (afs, nfs, xfs) and "misc" (mainly core
kernel and general networking updates).
Shortlog appended for those who want to see some overview of the
details, but what we really want is testing. Please.
- F2FS Feature Work For The Linux 4.11 Kernel(Mar 01, 2017)
- Linux 4.11 To Enable Frame-Buffer Compression By Default For Skylake+(Jan 11, 2017)
- Linux 4.11 rc1(Mar 05, 2017)
- Linux 4.11 rc2(Mar 12, 2017)
- Linux 4.11 rc3(Mar 19, 2017)
- Linux 4.11 rc4(Mar 26, 2017)
- Linux 4.11 rc5(Apr 03, 2017)
- Linux 4.11 rc6(Apr 09, 2017)
- Linux 4.11 rc7(Apr 16, 2017)
- Linux 4.11 rc8(Apr 24, 2017)