Linux 4.5 rc4
Feb 14, 2016, 18:00 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Linus Torvalds)
It's Valentine's day, so here I am, making a valentine for everybody
in the form of the usual rc release.
Things look fairly normal - there's some pending and yet unexplained
problem with some of the VM changes in this release cycle (the
transparent huge-page cleanups in particular), but at least for now it
seems to be s390-specific, so it shouldn't hold up testing for anybody
And things look very normal otherwise. It's pretty much the same size
as rc4's haev been lately, and nothing particular stands out. Just
under two thirds of the patch is drivers (drm, sound, scsi target,
networking, etc etc - it's pretty spread out), with the rest being the
usual stuff: architecture updates (arc, mips, arm), and other
miscellaneous (crypto, core networking and kernel code etc).
As usual, shortlog is attached - it's easy to skim to kind of get a
taste for what is going on.
So in between romancing your significant other, go out and test. I'll
be traveling next week, but will have my laptop and if things stay as
calm and normal as they've been so far, there should be no issues.
- Mesa 11.1 Will Likely Support The Raspberry Pi 3D Support In Linux 4.5(Dec 15, 2015)
- Features & Changes Merged So Far For The Linux 4.5 Kernel(Jan 18, 2016)
- Linux 4.5 rc1(Jan 24, 2016)
- Linux 4.5 rc2(Jan 31, 2016)
- Linux 4.5 rc3(Feb 07, 2016)
- Linux 4.5 rc4(Feb 14, 2016)
- Linux 4.5 rc5(Feb 21, 2016)
- Linux 4.5 rc7(Mar 06, 2016)
- Linux 4.5 Released(Mar 14, 2016)
- Linux 4.5 Offloads Copying, Improves IPv6 Networking(Mar 14, 2016)