Linux 4.5 Released
Mar 14, 2016, 09:00 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Linus Torvalds)
||Sun, 13 Mar 2016 21:53:34 -0700
||Linus Torvalds <>
So this is later on a Sunday than my usual schedule, because I just
couldn't make up my mind whether I should do another rc8 or not, and
kept just waffling about it. In the end, I obviously decided not to,
but it could have gone either way.
We did have one nasty regression that got fixed yesterday, and the
networking pull early in the week was larger than I would have wished
for. But the block layer should be all good now, and David went
through all his networking commits an extra time just to make me feel
comfy about it, so
And on the whole, everything here is pretty small. The diffstat looks
a bit larger for an xfs fix, because that fix has three cleanup
refactoring patches that precedes it. And there's a access type
pattern fix in the sound layer that generated lots of noise, but is
all very simple in the end.
In addition to the above, there's random small fixes all over -
shortlog appended for people who want to skim the details as usual.
Go test, and obviously with 4.5 released, I'll start the merge window for 4.6.
- Mesa 11.1 Will Likely Support The Raspberry Pi 3D Support In Linux 4.5(Dec 15, 2015)
- Features & Changes Merged So Far For The Linux 4.5 Kernel(Jan 18, 2016)
- Linux 4.5 rc1(Jan 24, 2016)
- Linux 4.5 rc2(Jan 31, 2016)
- Linux 4.5 rc3(Feb 07, 2016)
- Linux 4.5 rc4(Feb 14, 2016)
- Linux 4.5 rc5(Feb 21, 2016)
- Linux 4.5 rc7(Mar 06, 2016)
- Linux 4.5 Released(Mar 14, 2016)
- Linux 4.5 Offloads Copying, Improves IPv6 Networking(Mar 14, 2016)