LinuxPlanet: Case Study: Clusters and Image Processing, Part II
Mar 25, 2002, 17:30 (2 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Dee-Ann LeBlanc)
"Mark and some of the other technical folk at ImageLinks were
experimenting with Linux at home. They began wondering how the
application would run on a set of Linux boxes instead of on the
SGIs. Their theory was that they would not make much of a gain.
However, if the result was comparable, a move to Linux could save
them thousands of dollars a year on software and licenses.
"After making their plans, now they had to implement their
solutions, which included:
- "Porting the Application
- "Implementing the Beowulf Cluster at ImageLinks
- "Implementing an LVS Cluster with Red Hat Linux
- "Making Open Source Profits
- "Creating a Kickstart Automated Installation File for a
- "Creating an NFS Installation Server
- "Implementing LVS Clusters with ssh..."