PostgreSQL 8.4 Improves Database Management, Security
Jul 02, 2009, 20:04 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Sean Michael Kerner)
[ Thanks to smk for this link.
""There is no performance change [that] affects all
users equally across the board," PostgreSQL project core team
member Josh Berkus told InternetNews.com. "However, there are
several changes with dramatically improve performance for several
specific common use cases."
"The new PostgreSQL release comes at a critical time in the open
source database market, as rival MySQL is about to be absorbed into
Oracle as part of its acquisition of Sun. "
- PostgreSQL 8.4(Jul 02, 2009)
EnterpriseDB Brings Postgres Closer to Oracle(Jun 18, 2009)
- Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger: New Features in Postgres 8.4(Apr 24, 2009)
- PostgreSQL 8.4 goes into beta, ups performance(Apr 23, 2009)
- Migrating from MS SQL Server 2008 to EnterpriseDB(Apr 10, 2009)
- EnterpriseDB and Sun Reaping Benefits from Open Source Databases(Jan 30, 2009)
- PostgreSQL's Transaction Model(Sep 10, 2008)