Mandrake 6.0 PowerPack available in retail!
Jun 16, 1999, 18:29 (3 Talkback[s])
Thanks to Jacques Le
Marois for this announcement.
We are pleased to announce the availability of the new Mandrake
6.0 PowerPack now in retail:
- a Quick Install-Guide
- a Complete User-Guide
- 100 Days Installation Support by email
- CD1: Linux-Mandrake 6.0 (Venus) installation CD
- CD2: sources of CD1
- CD3: more than 1800 various applications in RPM format
- CD4: sources of CD3
- CD5: 34 commercial applications (personal edition and
The distribution itselfs (CD1):
- Pentium-class optimization: this has been compiled with i586
instructions (which increases speed from 5% to 30%). Most major
Linux distributions are compiled for an old i386.
- Ultra-DMA IDE hard-drive optimization
- Linux-Kernel 2.2.9, Glibc 2.1.1 and XFree86 188.8.131.52 with full
scalable True Type fonts support
- KDE 1.1.1 (final) and Gnome 1.0.9, the two leading desktop
managers that provide an intuitive graphical interface/environment
for users. WindowMaker, Afterstep and IceWM are provided for people
seeking an alternative look and feel.
- Improved hardware support (ISDN, CD-Writers)
- 21 languages for installation and much more with KDE and
More features here: http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/venusfeat.php3
The Commercial CD contains more than 34 commercial applications
- StarOffice 5.1 personal edition
- the last one! (complete office-suite for Linux able to read
Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Corel Wordperfect 8.0 Download Edition
- the award winning wordprocessor,
- IBM Lotus E-Suite DevPack 1.5
- Java office suite of Lotus. Mandrake 6.0 is the first Linux
distribution to include it.
- Java Development Tool Kit
- Games such as Hopkins FBI and Quake and much more...
A complete list is available here: http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/fpowerpack.php3
A list of available resellers here: http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/fsinglecd.php3