LinuxPR: Blue Cat is out of the bag - Lynx launches Linux initiative for the embedded market
Dec 06, 1999, 17:22 (0 Talkback[s])
"Lynx Real-Time Systems, Inc., of SAN JOSE, Calif. have
announced an open-source product and support services initiative to
extend Lynx into the emerging embedded Linux market space.
Strategy includes Linux for embedded applications, development
environment, and comprehensive product and support
"The Lynx Linux Initiative (L²I) is supported by five
- BlueCat Linux, a version of Linux optimized for embedded
applications developed by Lynx and offered to the open source
community, available in January 2000.
- Version 4.0 of the LynxOS operating system with full binary
compatibility with Linux, available in mid-2000.
- A Lynx open development environment for the Red Hat Linux host,
- New technical support, consulting and training services for
Linux developers working in embedded applications, available
- Endorsements from more than 20 software and hardware vendors in
the embedded computing market."