LinuxPower: Why Linux is winning the world
Jan 20, 2000, 20:34 (2 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Christian Schaller)
"We have all witnessed the ascendancy of Linux to where it is
today. This editorial chronicles the reasons we have gotten to
this point and the reasons Linux can succeed in becoming the most
widely used OS in the world. I will also mention a few
roadblocks which can cause our downfall yet."
- "Free software....
- Credit goes to the creators not MBA's....
- Ingenious organization....
- Internet existence allows for keeping Internet time....
- Low adoption threshold...."
- osOpinion: Milestones on the Path to World Domination(Jan 12, 2000)
- Linux Journal: Guest Editorial: World Domination(Dec 21, 1999)
- Linux Today Counter-FUD Work Reveals 'World Domination' in Progress(Dec 02, 1999)
- EU Commissioner: The solution to this problem...lies in non-proprietary and open source systems(Nov 24, 1999)
- ZDNET UK: It's war once again! The coming fight for the soul of a new machine(Nov 24, 1999)
- Byte.com: The future of software development and the Internet(Nov 24, 1999)
- osOpinion: World Domination by Linux(Oct 19, 1999)
- InfoWorld: IBM's Gerstner warns of proprietary 'trap'(Oct 11, 1999)
- Linux vs. Microsoft -- It's a Question of Culture(Aug 04, 1999)
- Trust, Cooperation and the Real Value of the Free Software Movement(May 20, 1999)
- LinuxWorld: Nicholas Petreley -- Realize the true potential of Linux(Apr 23, 1999)