AllLinuxDevices: Opersys/Lineo: Linux Trace Toolkit for RealTime Linux
Aug 30, 2000, 16:20 (0 Talkback[s])
"...Like the expensive time-tracing solutions available for
many proprietary embedded RTOS solutions, LTT provides developers
with all of the information necessary to reconstruct a system's
behavior over a certain period of time. Using LTT, one can
graphically view the precise dynamics of a system answering such
- Who actually has access to the hardware during a specific time
- What happens to an application when it receives data?
- Where are the I/O latencies in a given application?
- When is a specific application actually reading from disk?
- Why do certain synchronization problems occur?"
"LTT provides this related information through three primary
graphical and text information displays which map the system's
lowest level processes (such as scheduling decisions, process
switches and various management tasks) to each high-level
application -- all plotted against the time axis."
- BeNews: Exclusive Preview: QNX RtP(Aug 29, 2000)
- EETimes: Linux prepares for embedded real-time usage(Aug 21, 2000)
- PR Newswire: Lineo Releases Embedix RealTime(Aug 16, 2000)
- LinuxDevices.com: Victor Yodaiken on the past, present, and future of RTLinux(Aug 12, 2000)
- Upside: Monta Vista plays its own game(Aug 09, 2000)
- Real-Time Application Interface (RTAI) Now Supports PPC and 2.4 Kernel(Jul 20, 2000)
- LinuxDevices.com: Lineo releases 1-floppy real-time Linux upgrade [AtomicRTAI](Jul 01, 2000)
- Upside: TimeSys joins the real-time drag race(May 18, 2000)
- LinuxWorld: Embedded Linux basics(May 09, 2000)