ONLamp.com: Is Open Source Un-American? [O'Reilly follows up on Allchin and Stallman]
Mar 09, 2001, 15:27 (42 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Tim O'Reilly)
[ Thanks to S.Ramaswamy for this link.
"I got a lot of email in response to my weblog, Shuttle
Diplomacy Between Jim Allchin and Richard Stallman, in which I
chronicled my efforts to mediate between Microsoft and the Free
Software Foundation. I answered a lot of the email, but I have also
asked some of the most vocal of the early respondents for their
permission to reprint their email to me."
"My responses follow each message. In most cases, this is the
response as I sent it out in email. In a few cases, I've added a
few extra points or made small edits."
"I've organized the discussion into four categories:
- The best license for government-sponsored software
- Kerberos and the dangers of embrace and extend
- Breaking through the marketing firewall
- A wolf in sheep's clothing"
- Community: Microsoft's New Strategy Against Open Source(Mar 05, 2001)
- O'Reilly Network: Tim O'Reilly: Shuttle Diplomacy Between Allchin and Stallman(Mar 01, 2001)
- LinuxPlanet: .comment: 1776? Yeah, Right.(Mar 02, 2001)
- Richard Stallman: The GNU GPL and the American Way(Mar 02, 2001)
- LinuxPlanet: .comment: Can Microsoft Hurt Linux? In a Word, No.(Feb 28, 2001)
- SJ Mercury: Looking for wisdom and hints of outcome in Microsoft's antitrust appeal(Feb 28, 2001)
- LinuxPlanet: Lou's Views: Playing Hardball with Microsoft(Feb 28, 2001)
- Wired: On the Wrong Side of History [Red Hat's CEO Matthew Szulik on Microsoft's Recent Comments](Feb 26, 2001)
- O'Reilly Network: Tim O'Reilly: A Response to Jim Allchin's Comments(Feb 22, 2001)
- eWeek: Microsoft clarifies exec's open-source concerns(Feb 21, 2001)
- LinuxPlanet: .comment: Microsoft Doesn't Care What We Think(Feb 20, 2001)
- Rant Mode Equals One: The Linux Reality Versus the Microsoft Dream
(Feb 16, 2001)
- CNET News.com: Microsoft Executive Says Linux Threatens Innovation(Feb 15, 2001)