Linux Weekly News for June 28, 2001
Jun 28, 2001, 12:37 (1 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Jonathan Corbet, Elizabeth O. Coolbaugh, Michael J. Hammel)
WEBINAR: On-demand webcast
How to Boost Database Development Productivity on Linux, Docker, and Kubernetes with Microsoft SQL Server 2017 REGISTER >
The LWN.net Weekly Edition for June 28, 2001 has been
Inside this week's Linux Weekly News:
- Security: Samba remote root exploit, new vulnerabilities in
pmpost, ePerl, w3m, cfingerd, ntping and more.
- Kernel: 2.5 is coming; kbuild transition; a couple of
approaches to memory management improvements.
- Distributions: OpenLinux Workstation 3.1, LNX-BBC, many Red Hat
- On the Desktop: Office options, chess interfaces and new
- Development: Linux Clusters, embedded contest, net monitoring
tools, Gnome Basic (GB), debugging Perl, Python 2.0.1, Kawa.
- Commerce: VA Linux Systems bails out of the hardware business;
IPOs in the news.
- History: Software wars map; The Magic Caldron, Hard Hat and
KRUD; MySQL goes GPL.
- Letters: 'On the desktop' critics reconsider; shared library
- Linux Weekly News for June 21, 2001(Jun 21, 2001)
- Linux Weekly News for June 14, 2001(Jun 14, 2001)
- Linux Weekly News for June 7, 2001(Jun 07, 2001)
- Linux Weekly News for May 31, 2001(May 31, 2001)
- Linux Weekly News for May 24, 2001(May 25, 2001)