Tonight UNDEAD: Money and Swag >> On The Linux Show
Oct 30, 2001, 23:23 (0 Talkback[s])
[ Thanks to vlad
for this link. ]
Tuesday, October 30th, 2001
from the home of Wayne's World, Aurora IL
Tonight UNDEAD on www.thelinuxshow.com
Kevin Hill, Jeff Gerhardt, PJ Hyett, Doc Searls(Linux Journal),
Arne Flones and Russ Pavlicek; are bringing you a very special
Join us tonight for
The Linux Show!! Presents
Our 4th Annual Halloween Gnu/Linux® Trivia Scavenger
October 30, 2001 6:00pm cst to 1:06am cst
- YOU MUST use the web form that will be posted on our web site
(www.thelinuxshow.com) at 6:00pm cst to submit answers.
- The general concept is to find answers to Linux and technology
related trivia questions. It is recommended that people participate
as teams, as this could be a fun thing for a LUG to do for FUN.
Adult beverages are encouraged (for adults).
- At 6:00 pm CST on the 30th of October, we will have posted the
question list and web form to our web site. Answers MUST be
submitted NO LATER 1:06am cst on the 31st to qualify. So, you only
have 6 hours and 66 minutes (666?) to complete the test.
- There are some clues listed. Additional ?Cryptic? clues
will/may be given out during the contest at our IRC server and web
site. Kevin or Jeff will get on IRC.thelinuxshow.com starting at
6:00pm cst on the hour every hour until midnight the 30th, so you
have 6 hours to ask questions. We may or we may not answer your
- The TLS stream server will be running and playing music. Send
musical requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Each question will have a point value associated with its
answer. The most correct answers wins.
- BUT, TIME is a factor. The first returned forms with the most
points will win.
- The word contest implies prizes. Prizes include:
- $100.00 cash
- One of the world famous Linux Jornal Inflatable Penguin
- T-shirts and misc swag
- Prizes will be awarded by the discretion of the Linux Show
- We will post a list of the major prize winners in a day or
Our IRC Chatroom is located at irc.thelinuxshow.com
Remember to tune in next week at 6pm pt, 7pm mt, 8pm ct, and 9pm
and catch the regular Tuesday night edition of The Linux show at