Mandrake Linux 8.2 for PPC Beta 2 Available
Mar 27, 2002, 20:30 (2 Talkback[s])
WEBINAR: On-demand Event
Replace Oracle with the NoSQL Engagement Database: Why and how leading companies are making the switch REGISTER >
[ Thanks to Bibifoc
for this link. ]
"By far the most important news is that 8.2/PPC should work on
both 'OldWorld' and 'NewWorld' machines. In particular, it DOES
work on a 7600 test machine we have in the lab. There have even
been some efforts towards supporting the IBM's PPC machines, but
this has been put 'on ice' for now, due to the lack of demand, and
lack of the test machine. Other new features include:
- "Network install via airport.
- "Reworked install kernel which works on both NewWorld and
- "Applescript 'wrapper' for setting up BootX parameters for
- "Kernel 2.4.17-17mdk, which incorporates PPC patches from Ben
Herrenschmidt into the kernel.org source. (ibook2 sound should work
- "XFree4.2, with support/setup for 'fbdev' on OldWorld machines,
and support for Radeon/Riva cards.
- "Support for Firewire devices.
- "Netatalk for Apple network file/print services..."