IBM Tutorial: Using Samba as a Primary Domain Controller
Apr 24, 2002, 22:00 (4 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Tom Syroid)
WEBINAR: On-demand Event
Replace Oracle with the NoSQL Engagement Database: Why and how leading companies are making the switch REGISTER >
[ Thanks to Frank for
this link. ]
"When you finish this tutorial, you'll know how to:
- Install Samba using the Redhat package manager (RPM) or by
compiling the program from source.
- Configure the Samba server as a PDC (Primary Domain
- Configure the server to support roaming profiles.
- Configure the server to support netlogons.
- Create the required administrative directories on the server,
and set their permissions as appropriate.
- Create user and machine (trust) accounts on the domain
- Configure the client machines to join the domain.
- And troubleshoot any basic problems that may arise in the above