Linux Weekly News for June 6, 2002
Jun 06, 2002, 23:30 (1 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Jonathan Corbet)
Inside this LWN.net weekly edition:
- Front Page: Fun with software patents; Red Hat and software
patents; ADEOS - Avoiding real-time Linux patents; UnitedLinux
makes its launch; The new LWN.net site.
- Security: US TurboLinux Security Severely Out of Date;
Fragroute contaminated; OpenSSH 3.2.3; Ethereal 0.9.4 and lots of
vulnerabilities and resources.
- Kernel: Block queue plugging; splitting the stack; kbuild 2.5;
negative dentries; /dev/port
- Distributions: The AGNULA project; Scyld Beowolf.
- Development: Mozilla 1.0, OpenSSH 3.2.3, gFTP 2.0.12, Omni
0.7.0, mnoGoSearch 3.2.5, new mod_perls, WaveSurfer 1.4.1, KDE
3.0.1, AbiWord 1.0.2, LyX 1.2.0, Apocalypse 5, perl 5.8.0 RC 1,
- Commerce: Coalition Asks European Parliament to Vote Against
Data Retention; SOT, MySQL and EFFI Team up to Oppose Software
- Press: Open Source at the Pentagon, United Linux, German
Government and Linux.
- Announcements: Open Source Health Care Alliance, Boston GNOME
Summit, German Zope Users Group
- Letters: Software liability, GNU/Linux