Microsoft on FLOSS
Jan 04, 2009, 04:04 (3 Talkback[s])
[ Thanks to ushimitsudoki for this link.
"Microsoft has gotten a lot more subtle when attacking
FLOSS. Often it is only through court records or other revealed
privileged information that a clearer picture emerges. Without a
central repository, a lot of thing just disappear down the "memory
"Microsoft is opposed to Open Source in general - not just
Linux. It's not just a competition between two operating systems.
Microsoft recognizes the process and philosophy as a threat. If you
use, support, or contribute to Free or Open Source, you can not
afford to think "Microsoft is not my enemy" - you don't have that
choice - Microsoft has already declared you the enemy. Microsoft
has a huge PR effort, that FLOSS just can't match."
- Editor's Note: Linux Needs Fewer Friends(Dec 31, 2008)
- The OpenSuse FAQ Touched me in a Bad Place(Dec 17, 2008)
- A Response to "What Are The Issues With Open Source Linux?"(Dec 09, 2008)
- Can We Get Some Better Telecom Shills Please?(Dec 09, 2008)
- Editor's Note: Instead of Throwing Everyone In Jail, Fix Your Lousy Products(Dec 05, 2008)
- Using Linux to Overcome Comcast's Policy of FUD(Dec 02, 2008)
- Microsoft, Rob Enderle, and Their Conflicting Perceptions of Reality(Nov 24, 2008)