Open source Artillery / Worms clones
Mar 23, 2009, 13:32 (0 Talkback[s])
"Even earlier ascii versions from as early as 1976 are reported.
Now that's real history - all other games (pong and chess excepted)
are modern upstarts.
"One of the older and more mature open source Artillery clones,
with version 0.5 first available in January of 2003, Atomic Tanks
doesn't seem to have the online presence of it's contemporaries.
This is probably because it doesn't look that nice, with garish
colours, coarse widgets, and almost badly drawn sprites.
"What it lacks in the graphics department, it makes up for in
features. The sheer range of weapons is overwhelming. You earn
money, which you can use upgrade features and improve your tanks,
making the game a much more appealing single player experience.
Also the land behaves differently, falling to fill and holes
created by explosions."
- UT3 Linux Still Undergoing Work, No ETA(Mar 13, 2009)
- Best racing game ever runs on Linux!(Mar 10, 2009)
- Quake, Meet GPL; GPL, Meet Quake(Mar 04, 2009)
- 25 Top 3D Linux Games(Feb 23, 2009)
- Friday Fun: Racing Fun with SuperTuxKart Racer(Feb 21, 2009)
- GNU/Linux As The Platform for the Future of Innovation and Gaming(Feb 19, 2009)
- 2DBoy Releases World of Goo for Linux(Feb 16, 2009)
- Goldrush: Mystic Mine, Skill Game of a Different Sort(Feb 10, 2009)
- Top 5 Linux Games for 2009(Feb 09, 2009)
- 21 More of the Best Free Linux Games(Feb 09, 2009)