Install Mplayer and Multimedia Codecs (libdvdcss2,w32codecs) in Debian 5.0 (Lenn
May 21, 2009, 15:34 (0 Talkback[s])
WEBINAR: On-demand webcast
How to Boost Database Development Productivity on Linux, Docker, and Kubernetes with Microsoft SQL Server 2017 REGISTER >
[ Thanks to dave for
this link. ]
"It has basic VCD/DVD playback functionality, including
DVD subtitles, but supports many text-based subtitle formats too.
For video output, nearly every existing interface is supported.
It's also able to convert any supported files to raw/divx/mpeg4 AVI
(pcm/mp3 audio), and even video grabbing from V4L devices.
"The first package to install is debian-multimedia-keyring
"First download the debian-multimedia-keyring package using the
- An Interview With The Developers Of FFmpeg(Mar 15, 2009)
- Stupid Geek Tricks: Watch Movies in Your Linux Terminal Window(Feb 25, 2009)
- The Dark Art of Sound on Linux(Jan 12, 2009)
- Mplayer, FFmpeg Gain VA-API Support(Dec 24, 2008)
- Linux Devices Gain Multimedia "Octopus"(Dec 17, 2008)
- Install Mplayer and Multimedia Codecs (libdvdcss2,w32codecs,w64codecs) in Ubuntu(Dec 03, 2008)
- How-To: Compile and Install SMPlayer 0.6.2 in Ubuntu 8.04 'Hardy Heron'(Sep 14, 2008)
- SMPlayer Review--One of the Most Powerful Video Players for Linux(Jul 02, 2008)