9 reasons to switch from Windows to Linux
May 27, 2009, 22:32 (0 Talkback[s])
"You don't want to spend the time and effort learning about
Linux just to realize that changing your operating system to Linux
does not solve the problem you have or does not deliver the
benefits you expected.
"I will list 9 of the most common reasons to switch from Windows
to Linux and try to explain in which cases the switch to Linux has
a good chance of delivering the expected benefits.
"- Your computer is getting slower! It is a known fact that the
Windows operating system degrades over time (don't worry, I won't
explain why to a poor beginner: let's just say it's technical). As
a result a computer that seemed fast 3 years ago can now feel like
a snail. Installing Linux will fix the problem permanently as Linux
does not degrades over time like Windows."
- Getting Into Linux the Easy Way (Linux for Beginners)(Apr 29, 2009)
- What Happens When You Run "sudo rm -rf /" (video)(Apr 10, 2009)
- The Beginner's Guide to Linux, Part 2: Installation(Mar 04, 2009)
- Linux: the ultimate beginners guide(Mar 03, 2009)
- Ubuntu Newbie Guide: First 24 Hours With Ubuntu(Mar 03, 2009)
- Beginner Linux articles posted(Jan 29, 2009)
- Don't Fear the Penguin: A Newbie's Guide to Linux(Jan 22, 2009)
- Linux Command Line For Beginners: Finding Help Documents(Jan 06, 2009)
- How To Help A Newbie(Dec 16, 2008)