Ubuntu Is Driving Me Away
Jun 10, 2009, 14:02 (58 Talkback[s])
"I know that Microsoft is opposed to the existence of Linux.
That have said so, often and stridently. I know that Novell caved
in and did not stand up for FOSS when they had the chance. They
have since apologized, sort of, but the damage is done. Other
companies did not follow suit, including Red Hat and Canonical. I
respect them for this as much as I detest Novell for selling us
down the drain.
"Mono is not only a reminder of that sellout, but its legal
status is far from settled. Novell and Microsoft can’t agree
on who can distribute it. Microsoft takes the position that their
agreement only covers Novell and not other distributions. Novell
thinks otherwise. I do not care. Nothing that comes from Microsoft
can be for our good and benefit. They are dedicated to our
destruction and downfall.
"Mono has infected Gnome. Ubuntu uses Gnome. I switched to
Kubuntu and am happy with it. Now Moonlight is infecting Linux.
Canonical is compromising its principles in the use of them and in
my using their products I am forced to compromise my own
- PhyreEngine, Mono, cool Mono uses in Gaming, and more.(Jun 09, 2009)
- Ubuntu is Censoring Opposition to Mono by Default(Jun 08, 2009)
- Evolution -- The Default Email Client for Ubuntu(Jun 07, 2009)
- Fedora casts Mono into outer darkness(Jun 04, 2009)
- Some openSUSE Factory changes(Jun 03, 2009)
- Striking the Right Gnote(May 27, 2009)
- Linux Today Readers Speak: Foiling Your Sysadmin, Monopoly, Mono, and Linux Is a Kernel, Dangit!(May 26, 2009)
- The elusive, royalty-free patent licence for Mono(May 26, 2009)
- The Mono Crusade(May 19, 2009)
- Tomboy, Gnote, and the limits of forks(May 15, 2009)