Linux Got Game!
Aug 20, 2009, 20:34 (0 Talkback[s])
[ Thanks to An Anonymous Reader for
this link. ]
"Supergamer Supreme is a complete operating system
built upon Vector Linux, a Slackware derivative known for its
performance and stability. This release ships as a 7.8 GB dual
layer DVD chocked full of games and game demos. While all of these
games can either be installed through your package management
system or downloaded and installed, Supergamer does all this hard
and time consuming work for you. In addition, you can be saved that
sometimes troublesome task of bringing 3D capabilities to your
graphics card. Just boot and play, or better yet, install and play.
And with the other applications available, no need to reboot to
another system to answer your emails, check what's new on the
internet, or instant message your friends.
"The XFCE menu contains links to applications, utilities, and
settings while all the game links are conveniently assembled at the
bottom of the screen in a Wbar panel. 33 games in all. The
placement tends to run from premium demos, to large
commercial-quality freely-available native 3D games, to the smaller
native Linux games sometimes included in other distributions."
- 42 Hot Free Linux Games (Part 2 of 3)(Aug 20, 2009)
- Sony Reveals PS3 Slim, Slashes Price, Removes Linux Option(Aug 19, 2009)
- Play Classic DOS Games on Ubuntu Linux(Aug 17, 2009)
- Bringing Windows games to Linux(Aug 14, 2009)
- 42 Hot Free Linux Games (Part 1 of 3)(Aug 10, 2009)
- Cube 2: Sauerbraten - Awesome First-Person Shooter for Linux(Aug 10, 2009)
- Complete Guide: Configure and Customise ioQuake3 in Linux(Aug 08, 2009)
- A Guide to Configure Urban Terror on Linux(Aug 07, 2009)
- SuperGamer Live DVD(Aug 03, 2009)