Time to Help an Open Source Hero
Aug 24, 2009, 08:02 (15 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Glyn Mody)
"I have never come to the community and asked for personal
donations, but being a non profit I cannot stand for any delinquent
payments or bills. If you can see your way clear to give me a hand,
I would sure consider it at 180 day loan.
"How could we refuse? Here is a man who is almost killing
himself to get open source into the hands of people who could
benefit, someone who has selflessly and tirelessly given, and who
finds himself in need of a hand.
"There's a Donate button in the left-hand column of the blog of
Helios; a comment to the above post indicates that money sent to
that general HeliOS Project account can be used for Starks'
emergency needs, and this seems the easiest way to get money to
"I've given $10, which may not be much, but if just a few dozen
Linux Journal readers did the same, his hospital bills would be
covered, and there might even be some money left over for the
HeliOS Project too."
Ken's own account of his trip to the emergency room.
- Mission Accomplished(Aug 20, 2009)
- Let Their Eyes Be Opened(Aug 19, 2009)
- Spotlight on the Real Linux Luminaries(Aug 14, 2009)
- How Wrong Can One Man Be?(Aug 10, 2009)
- ROAD TRIP!(Aug 07, 2009)
- Walking A Kid Home(Aug 05, 2009)
- A Day of Discovery(Aug 03, 2009)
- WFTL Bytes! for July 29, 2009(Aug 01, 2009)
- Last Chance to Help a Child Get a Good Linux Computer(Jul 28, 2009)