Stream audio wirelessly to your desktop speakers with Karmic Koala
Oct 19, 2009, 12:02 (0 Talkback[s])
"I've been using it to stream music wirelessly to my slightly
louder desktop sound system while chilling on the couch with my
netbook. You could potentially wire up your entire house and then
DJ wirelessly from the loo. Below I will show how to do just that
without having to touch the terminal.
"Firstly you'll need two computers with Ubuntu 9.10 installed.
Both of these need to be connected to some kind of home or office
network. In my case this is my desktop PC hooked up via Ethernet
and my netbook which is on the same LAN via WiFi. Once you have
this kind of setup the rest is pretty simple."
- LPC: The past, present, and future of Linux audio(Oct 16, 2009)
- Q&A: PulseAudio creator Lennart Poettering(Oct 08, 2009)
- Sound on Linux Anti-FUD: Calm, Certainty and Confidence(Aug 03, 2009)
- Enable Surround Sound in Ubuntu Linux (PulseAudio)(Jun 29, 2009)
- State of sound in Linux not so sorry after all(Jun 21, 2009)
- The Sound of Fedora 11(May 23, 2009)
- EarCandy 0.4 rules ! (smart PulseAudio volume manager)(May 22, 2009)