GNOME Office: Is it a viable office suite?
Nov 12, 2009, 03:03 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Jack Wallen)
"And of those that have heard rumors of this suite, many
probably didn’t even know it was ready for installation. It
is. But the big question…is it worth try? In this article I
will highlight the tools that make up GNOME Office and help you to
decide if this suite is worth your time.
"The first thing I should bring up is the installation. Previous
incarnations of GNOME Office required the user to install the
pieces separately. That has changed and now you can open up the
GNOME Software Center and follow these steps:"
- A sneak preview of new OpenOffice 3.2 part 1(Oct 23, 2009)
- Happy 9th Birthday OpenOffice.org!(Oct 13, 2009)
- 50 Open Source Apps for Small Biz/Home Office(Sep 28, 2009)
- KOffice to be Used in Next Generation Smart Phone(Sep 18, 2009)
- IBM Throws Out Microsoft Office(Sep 16, 2009)
- Insecure by design: MS Office formats(Jul 27, 2009)
- Leaked 2002 Document: Microsoft Compares Windows XP and Office to GNU/Linux and(Jul 13, 2009)
- Groupware Server With Group-Office, Postfix, Dovecot On Debian Lenny(Mar 03, 2009)