Ouch: Nexus One Has Double the Termination Fees
Jan 13, 2010, 06:03 (1 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Andy Patrizio)
"Another day, another Nexus One brouhaha. This time it's over
the revelation that if you purchase the phone with a T-Mobile
account and cancel your service within a certain time window, not
only do you pay an Early Termination Fee (ETF) to T-Mobile, you pay
one to Google (NASDAQ: GOOG) as well.
"If that's not hard enough to swallow, the size of the fee
surely will be. The T-Mobile ETF is $200 and Google's is $350.
Combined with the $179 for the initial purchase, that puts Nexus
One buyer's remorse at $729. All for a device you can't pick up and
play with in a retail outlet (it's only sold via a special Google
"Here’s a snippet of the legal mumbo-jumbo from the Nexus
One’s terms of sale:"
- An Android Developer's Top 10 Gripes(Jan 12, 2010)
- The Backflip: Motorola's Innovative Android Phone(Jan 11, 2010)
- Lenovo spins Snapdragon Android phone(Jan 11, 2010)
- When One Linux Project Wins, All Linux Triumphs(Jan 11, 2010)
- Google Faces Deluge of Nexus One Complaints(Jan 11, 2010)
- Android, Not Microsoft Slate, Big Winner at CES: Analysts(Jan 10, 2010)
- Google's Nexus One a Relative Bargain?(Jan 10, 2010)
- Help Stop EU Software Patents � Again(Jan 08, 2010)
- Can Nexus One Rally Future Linux Phones to Challenge the iPhone?(Jan 08, 2010)