SCO Bankruptcy - The Dec. 30, 2009 Hearing Transcript & Order Giving Darl the Mobility Assets
Apr 16, 2010, 00:03 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Pamela Jones)
"I view the bankruptcy hearings at this point as comic relief,
since nothing goes the way any of us here think they should.
Bankruptcy court seems like cartoon court to me. So, when I heard
that the December 2009 hearing transcript [PDF] was available, I
said, Oh, goody!
"It doesn't disappoint. This was the hearing primarily about
SUSE's motion to lift the stay so it could finish the arbitration
in Switzerland. And we have some recent bankruptcy filings, mainly
the order letting SCO sell the mobility assets to former CEO of SCO
Darl McBride. I found it beyond comical to read Bonnie Fatell tell
the court the history of SCO as she understands it and about its
case against Novell and about the SUSE arbitration, and how
important it is that SCO finally get its day in court in Utah
without distractions. It's funny now, now that SCO lost after they
got that day in court, to see her wax lyrical about SCO's
meritorious and strong claims.
"Nowadays, Chapter 11 Trustee Edward Cahn claims he told the
court before the trial that they thought SCO had a little better
than a 50% certainty of prevailing. Read the transcript for
yourself and compare."
- Digging a Little Deeper into TurboHercules/IBM - OpenMainframe.org and Microsoft(Apr 13, 2010)
- Why I Believe IBM is Free to Sue The Pants Off TurboHercules - Updated 9Xs(Apr 12, 2010)
- Darl Buys (Not Licenses) SCO's Mobility Assets for $100,000 - Updated(Apr 08, 2010)
- Do You Want Groklaw to Be Included in the Library of Congress?(Apr 07, 2010)
- Groklaw: Now What?(Apr 05, 2010)
Enforcement of the GNU GPL in Germany and Europe(Apr 05, 2010)
- The new face of journalism: PJ, Groklaw, and SCO(Apr 05, 2010)
- Groklaw: How One Person Can Do Big Deeds. Thanks PJ.(Mar 31, 2010)