A Batch of LinuxFest Northwest 2010 Videos at Montana Linux
Apr 30, 2010, 01:32 (0 Talkback[s])
"I just wanted to post a little background about the videos I
recorded from LFNW 2010.
"I recorded them with a Samsung SC-MX20 which is a very
inexpensive / budget rig. The sound quality is fair to good
considering the camera does not have the ability to use an external
mic. The video quality is fair to good considering that most of the
rooms had the lights turned off for viewing projected presentation
slides. The videos are unedited and I did not bother to even add
title slides mainly because I wanted to stick with Linux apps for
production and I have yet to find a reasonable video editor. Yes,
I've tried them all and they either have issues with audio export
or want to transcode the video resolution to something other than
the original size.
"The videos were recorded at 720x480 resolution and where
transcoded with a combination of Handbrake and ffmpeg2theora...
with the final results being in Ogg Theora (.ogv) format.
"The videos were uploaded to archive.org and are streaming (and
downloadable) from there."
- Penguins Converge on Austin Texas(Mar 24, 2010)
- People, Personalities, and Planners: Who's behind your FOSS events?(Feb 03, 2010)
- Meetings, Minutes, and Mootbot(Jan 28, 2010)
- Many Thanks! - Ubuntu Women Project - Leader Appointed(Jan 17, 2010)
- Texas Linux Fest announces keynote speaker and call for papers(Dec 22, 2009)
- Novell’s Joe ‘Zonker’ Brockmeier hosts new Network World podcast series(Oct 21, 2009)
- Ohio Linux Fest 2009 Report(Oct 01, 2009)
Ohio LinuxFest 2009: Registration deadline extended one more day
(Sep 22, 2009)
- SouthEast LinuxFest: Linux in the GNU South(May 28, 2009)