Patents, Patents, Everywhere...
May 04, 2010, 19:02 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Glyn Mody)
[ Thanks to E5Rebel
for this link. ]
"Software patents are an issue that crops up fairly
often on this blog, since they represent one of the principal
threats to free software. But recently something seems to have got
into the water, for the entire world, apparently, has gone software
"First we had Apple taking a swing at HTC, one of the main
manufacturers of Android smartphones:
"Apple today filed a lawsuit against HTC for infringing on 20
Apple patents related to the iPhone's user interface, underlying
architecture and hardware.
"It trotted out the usual nonsense"
- First, we kill all the patent lawyers(May 04, 2010)
- Red Hat, Novell Win Open Source Patent Case(May 04, 2010)
- Total victory for open source software in a patent lawsuit(May 03, 2010)
- Apple, Microsoft Come Out Against Open Source Video Codecs(May 01, 2010)
- Apple and Adobe's war of words heats up(May 01, 2010)
- Patent Pool to Thwart Open Source Codecs(May 01, 2010)
- Jobs on Flash: Hypocrisy So Thick You Could Cut it with a Knife(Apr 30, 2010)