Ubuntu Light Shuts Out Future Ubuntu Moblin/MeeGo Remixes
May 14, 2010, 21:32 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Brian Proffitt)
"When Canonical announced its Ubuntu Light platform for netbooks
and platforms Monday morning, a lot of fuss was made about the new
Unity interface, the capability of Ubuntu Light to act as an
instant-on environment for users of these devices who just want to
surf, and the general coolness of the plan.
"Now that the dust has settled, here's a question: where does
this leave the Ubuntu Moblin Remix?
"The answer, apparently, is nowhere.
"That's the word from Gerry Carr, Marketing Manager for
Canonical, when asked about the status of Ubuntu Moblin (now MeeGo)
Remix now that Ubuntu Light has come out."
- Fedora 13 gives off plain vibe, but offers power and stability under the hood(May 13, 2010)
- Confirmed: Mandriva in Acquisition Talks(May 12, 2010)
- Likewise, I'm Sure(May 04, 2010)
- Legalizing Linux DVD Playback: Why Bother?(Apr 26, 2010)
- Ubuntu 10.04 delivers usability, strength(Apr 19, 2010)
- PlayStation Pull-Back Hurts Inexpensive Supercomputing(Apr 05, 2010)
- SCO, Novell: Grokking Where Credit is Due(Mar 31, 2010)
- It's the End of the Life as We Know It and Linux Feels Fine(Mar 29, 2010)